Saturday

Gone to Carolina

So....you know how I mentioned there will be lots of changes in our household?  Well, the biggest is that our household is moving!  To North Carolina!

Adam and I have shared the dream of one day living in NC so this is a huge step to starting "our life."  We fell in love with NC when we worked on an organic farm in Pittsboro (near Chapel Hill) and have started many sentences with "When we live in NC..."  Needless to say, we are pretty excited about this newest transition.

That being said, we will certainly miss some aspects of Little Rock.  Namely, living so close to my parents.  It has been great to just pop over there or meet them for lunch or drop Ellis Rose off so we could see a movie.  We will miss those things.  BUT, they are certainly more than welcome to visit us AND we'll be much closer to the McEvoy side of the family.

I'm probably being paranoid, but I'm not going to name the town in which we will be living.  I find it hard to believe someone would read this blog and decide to stalk me but you just never know!  Plus, the town we are moving to is tiny so it is conceivable someone could find us.  Before I had Ellis Rose, I wouldn't have thought twice but now I'm a protective mama.  So, watch out bad guys (and gals).

Adam already has a job and I am still applying but hoping to get one soon (or at least an interview!).  I will also not say where we are working because I've just heard of way too many people getting fired over content in their blogs.  I can tell you that Adam will be teaching and his job seems like a dream and I am so proud of him.

We also already have an apartment of which I've been dreaming about at night.  I love moving because I love to dream up ways to decorate new spaces.  And this space we are moving to is going to be wonderful.  14 ft ceilings (imagine the Christmas trees we can buy!), 10 ft windows, 2 bedrooms and, yes, 2 bathrooms.  I think I'm more excited about the 2 bathrooms than I am about anything.  No more jogging outside the bathroom door while I wait for Adam to finish up.  Anyway, I'll be posting some of my decorating ideas soon.

Anyway, that's the biggest news I have to share.  For the next month or so, we'll be packing up boxes and selling some of the crap we've accumulated while living in Little Rock.  That's another good thing about moving - you get to purge!

1 comments:

Annie said...

Good luck on the move! I can't wait to see photos of the new place! I'm sad that you aren't moving back to Oregon, but happy that you are landing in a place you've been dreaming of for so long.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Ramble Bramble. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net | Blogger Styles
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase